CIEH eLearning Support
Technical Specifications (Course)
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, XP Professional, Vista SP1 or Mac
- Memory: 2-4GB of RAM recommended
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- Colour Resolution: 16 bit true colour or higher
- Sound card & speaker/headphone
- Internet connection: Broadband, ISDN, T1/LAN or equivalent (256 kbps recommended)
- Browser Compatibility for Windows and Mac: Internet Explorer 7+, FireFox 3.0+, Safari 5.0+ and Google Chrome
- Plug-in: Macromedia Flash Player 9 or above
- Pop-ups enabled: Allows allow pop-ups for cieh-elearning.com
Technical Specifications (LMS)
- Supported browsers IE 5 or above, Netscape 6.2 and all versions of Firefox and Safari
- Runs on Windows Vista, XP, 2003 or 2000, Solaris 7+, Linux 6.1+ Mac OS (all versions)
You will find some of the most common technical issues addressed in our FAQ pages and additional help below.
- I can't see the site
If the site is down, (e.g. you see a message like 'Cannot display the webpage') - our monitoring systems will automatically restart the servers within a minute.
If you cannot see the site it may be due to local network issues, and you should contact your IT department or ISP in the first instance to eliminate any general Internet connectivity problems.
If you are a new user it may be that the site is blocked by your company firewall, and administrators should allow www.cieh-elearning.com.
If everything above has been verified, raise a support request to report the problem.
- I can't login
If you have forgotten your username or password, please contact your Training Centre Administrator to have your password reset. If you do not know who to contact, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- The course will not open
The Course screen will launch in a new window, so check that you have enabled Pop-ups for the site. Instructions on how to do this are below.
For Firefox or Safari on Windows, you will see a warning message at the top of the browser window. Click and then select the option "Always allow pop-ups for this site" and then 'Yes' to confirm the next message "Would you like to allow pop-ups from cieh-elearning.com?"
- I get a blank course screen (Level 2 Food Safety)
Either you do not have Flash Player installed, you have an older version not supported, or there is a problem with the installation. Go to the PC Check Page. to test your Flash installation. If you have version 7 or below, or the animation does not play, you will need to upgrade.
I get a blank course screen (Course Review)
- The course runs very slowly
There may be an issue with the available bandwidth. Test your Internet connection speed (it should be a minimum of 256kbps or 0.2mbps, but best performance requires 1-2mbps).
You can improve performance of your PC and create space for the course to run by deleting cached files and cookies from your system.
- With Internet Explorer on Windows go to the 'Tools' menu and select 'Delete Browsing History' and then click 'Delete all'. (If you cannot see this menu item, go to 'Internet Options' instead, on the General tab click 'Delete' under "Browsing history")
- With Firefox on Windows, go to the 'Tools' menu and select "Clear Private Data" then click 'Clear Private Data Now'
- With Firefox on Mac, go to the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Clear Private Data' and then click 'Clear Private Data Now'. (If you do not see this option, go to the 'Tools' menu, select "Clear Recent History" and select 'Everything' to clear your entire cache, then finally click 'Clear Now')
- With Safari on Mac, go to the 'Safari' menu and select 'Empty Cache' (and cookies) and finally confirm by clicking 'Empty'
- The LMS does not record my progress
- The LMS does not allow me to exit a module
If you are unable to exit a module when clicking on the exit button you will need to check that both Java is correctly installed and enabled. You can check whether Java is installed by visiting the Java Verification Page and you can also test your Java Virtual Machine to find out if Java is working on your system.
- Some useful tools for checking your installation:
Adobe Flash player check
Java Verification Page
Internet connection speed
Want to check your web browser version?
Want to check your speakers or sound levels?
- For Firefox or Internet Explorer on Windows, go to the Help menu at the top, and click 'About Internet Explorer'
- For Firefox on Mac, go to the 'Firefox' menu and select 'About Mozilla Firefox' and for Safari go to the Safari menu, and click 'About Safari'
Microsoft System Check
- If you are unable to resolve the problem, or are having difficulty using certain features, please use the Contact us page to speak to us.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum technical specifications above, as we will be unable to support alternative systems and software.
- Please provide your name, organisation, (Training Centre ID) and contact telephone number
- Give details of the issue, and if possible attach a screen grab
- You will receive an initial response [Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm GMT]